Here's mould no 3. I used 4 concrete blocks to hold the cottle sides which seemed to help as there was no floods unlike mould 1 and 2.
Here's mould no 2, still very heavy, I'm going to reduce the thickness of the mould to 4cm as it took 3 of us again to lift the mould onto the shelf in the drying room.
Today I filled the kiln with all the work that I will take to Bath next Monday and Tuesday, for the group Crit and the meeting at the Holburne Museum. This leaves a month to work when I return. The work I've produced so far in the term is really a body of experimental work … Continue reading Final firing
I made the second mould for the moon flask, which is more circular, however it may be a difficult shape to mould and cast due to the narrowness of the shape from the side. Since the shape is narrow I decided to try using slip rather than clay to build up the mould for the … Continue reading Moon flask mould 2